- Lombardi High Grade Avocado Oil is light in taste, rich in flavor, low in saturated fats, and high in monounsaturated fats, great for a myriad of healthy dishes. It is used as a substitute butter in backing, over popcorn, spread on a toast, and many more uses. It makes a great salad dressing or can be used to make mayo.
- Lombardi Avocado Oil has a very high smoke point of about 500°F that makes it a top choice in your kitchen every day of the week. Smoke point refers to the temperature at which an oil starts to burn and smoke. Lombardi Extra Virgin Avocado Oil does not burn and lose it’s flavor below it’s smoke point and it makes it ideal for searing meats and frying in a Wok.
- Lombardi Avocado Oil is cold pressed. Cold Pressing is a process that separates the fiber from the cells of the produce, which hold all of the nutrients and live enzymes, without adding any heat. Oils produced in this way retain all the healthy properties of the fruit or vegetable.
- Lombardi Avocado Oil is more yellowish as it is cold pressed without the peel and the seed. Some manufacturers cold press the fruit with the peel and the seed and as a result their oil comes out more greenish yellow. We peel the avocado and take out the seed and use only the mesocarp of the avocado to manufacture avocado oil.
- Our Avocado Oil Comes in Dark Glass Bottles which keep out light and oxygen and prevent the oil from going rancid. Rancid oils have an unpleasant odor and acrid taste; they are high in destructive free radicals and should not be used. Plastic bottles allow the diffusion of oxygen, and may also leach endocrine-disruptive phthalates.